Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tues track practice 8/11/9



So I am back to training today after being off my feet per the Dr's orders for a week and 2 days.
I had Football feet for a couple days than went to the Dr. well he was not happy with me ;-O,
He said to stay off my feet for a week and keep them elevated or I would not be able to do my marathon. So I have not walked in a week and I was a little concerned about keeping up and getting back in the game, but I got out and started doing laps around the track, at first I was a little out of breath but after my 5th lap or so I felt ok. I did about 9 laps than Coach had us do some grab bag drills, she has a different drill on several strips of paper and she gives us a strip and we would go and do that drill and after completing that one we would come back and get another one. My first drill was doing the egg walk for 1/4 lap than changing fartlicks (don't ask, but yes it is) than girlie walk and hands behind back, than a sprint and recover lap, my second drill was bleachers and wow I am feeling it today. I finished 2 other drills and on the last drill I had to sprint 2 laps and amazingly I did it, I did'nt even stop half way to recover, I just kept going, and OMG did it feel good!!!!
We had aone of the little honoree's visit training practice and he decided he wanted to do a lap with us, boy did he just take of and run the whole lap. After he was done with the first lap we asked him if he was ready for another lap and he said " oh I think I'm done" he is so cut. I posted a picture of him with the team, and another one of me after sprinting laps ;-)
Saturday is the 12 mile Dress rehearsal for the Kaua'i half marathon and I feel good.

1 comment: