Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friday Bocci's Cellar 7-24-09

Today we started in front of Bocci's cellar in Santa Cruz.
I was not able to run with the pack that evening so I decided to do a hike through Fall Creek.
I again grabbed my friend Susan and we headed up to Fall Creek to do a nice little 2.5 mile trail.
We decided to walk up to the kilns, which is a nice slow incline uphill. It really is not a brutal uphill hike so it is one of my favorite trails to do, it keeps your heart pumping and gives you a nice slow workout. So we got to the kilns and although we had done this trail a few times before, I never really got a chance to look around the kilns, so I decided I wanted to explore. So Susan and I are exploring the kilns and she see's a different trail off to the left that looked like a trail we had never been on, and looked to be a nice trail, so what do we do?...hmmm we decide to try this new trail going up and up and up and still more up it went, until we wound ourselfs all the way to the top of the flippin hill. Now that was a little more than I anticipated and not what we planned. So now here we are at the top of this hill on a paved road, so we decide we are going to walk down the road back to the entrace of the park where we parked my car. It turned out to be a very bad Idea for a few reasons, the first and most important reason was this read happened to have no sidewalks and kind of a steep hill going down, and very narrow, and all the cars coming down the road were flying way over the speed limit and we pretty much had nowhere to move to, seeing as there was nowhere to go, except over the edge of the hill. We decided are best bet would be to run fast down the hill and hope to god we don't plowed over by a speed demon coming down the hill.
Well I am writing this so you probably figured it out, we made it back to my car and agreed we would never do that trail ever again.
I'm not really to sure how far we went, but I'm guessing it was well over 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment